Saturday, August 13, 2011

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 Couture Collection

Today I’m attacking Georges Chakra’s Fall 2011 couture collection, I think we can place him fourth on the worldwide popularity scale of lebanese designers, as he dressed celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, and Blake Lively. And that’s why, after Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad, and Georges Hobeika, here’s a review of Georges Chakra’s Fall 2011 couture collection.

I have to start by saying that I always find Chakra’s collection really intriguing as they are totally heteregeneous, and filled with great ideas, unfortunately often badly executed… So I divided the dresses in three categories, the best ones, the almost-good ones, and the bad ones… And if I don’t show you all of the dresses you can see the rest on his site.

Georges Chakra Fall 2011Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (2)Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (3)

(Very Mugler-ish, but amazing suits !)

 Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (4) Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (5)

(So ethereal !)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (6)

(Vivienne Westwood style, love it !)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (7) Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (8)

(This one’s stuning, somehow reminds me of Alexander McQueen)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (9) Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (10)

(Classy and original, you’ve got to love this !)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (17)

(Somehow glamorous…)

Now let’s check the good ideas that could have given wonderful dresses…

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (18)

(It should have been the same black on the upper part…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (11)

(Shorter, shorter…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (12)

(I don’t know what, but something disturbs me in the dress, although I love the work on the shoulders…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (13)

(Shorter, and other colors…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (14)

(Without the rhinestones…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (15)

(I love the bottom, but the top just doesn’t suit in…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (16)

( A less stiff fabric for the bottom would have been better…)

And now, the ugly dresses, the weird ones I’d never want to see someone wearing as I would probably start laughing…

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 7

(No comment…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 

(Oh my…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 2

(Sheep-ish, much ?)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 3 Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 4 Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 5

(The ‘’What Le Fuck’’ dress of the collection…)

Georges Chakra Fall 2011 (nay) 6

To sum up, Georges Chakra is a designer whose work deserve more attention, but also more sophistication… I think he should be looked at, as a pioneer, he is truly one of the sources of lebanon’s designs, and a designer that dares some architectural cuts that are really original if you look at them from a specific angle…

Bleeeh ! It may not be the best post on my blog, I got distracted by some firends and TV… Anyway I hope you’re enjoying these reviews, and I promise to be back soon with another one, but I don’t know when cause I’ll be really busy for a while my friends… You know how it is… Summer, trips, friends, etc.

See ya !

Photos source: Reportrunway.wordpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment