Friday, August 05, 2011

Chanel Fall 2011 Couture Collection

At last my friends ! I’m finally doing the last ‘’foreign’’ couture review !!! Chanel’s !
I’m sorry for the delay but I got problems because I forgot my external hard drive at work, then managed to get it back but… Whatever ! I’m doing it, and then I’ll show you what the lebanese designers came up with this season !
Are you ready ? Because it was perhaps the hardest one… (To digest). I serioulsy don’t know what’s going wrong with the kaiser, perhaps he’s more conscious about his own label and is letting go Chanel… But boots with ‘classy’ suits won’t pass for me, this was a major ‘’what the fuck’’ moment. Nonetheless if you forget the boots and focus on the clothes, some are really good, and other hideous. The whole collection was inspired by Coco’s life, but I bet she would have done something totally different and I don’t even see the progress in the collection, it was a total mess !
Anyway enough talking, I divided the outfits in four categories, the nice suits, the ugly suits, the nice dresses, and the ugly dresses (although sometimes you just can’t say if it’s a suit or a dress, and that’s terrible too).
And here we go with the beautiful suits (remember: don’t mind the boots):
Chanel Fall 2011 Chanel Fall 2011 (2) Chanel Fall 2011 (3) Chanel Fall 2011 (4) Chanel Fall 2011 (5)  Chanel Fall 2011 (7) Chanel Fall 2011 (8) Chanel Fall 2011 (9)
And then the ugly suits, (tell me if I’m wrong):
Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 11 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 2 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 3 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 4 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 5 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 6 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 8 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 9 Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 10
Then again, beautiful dresses:
Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (6) Chanel Fall 2011 (6) Chanel Fall 2011 Dress Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (2) Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (3) Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (5)Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (4) 
And finally the ugly dresses, (take a deep breath cause some of them are scary !):
Chanel Fall 2011 (nay) 7
(This may still be okay but wait for the rest)
Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 2 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 3 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 4 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 5 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 6 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 7 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 8 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 9 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 10 Chanel Fall 2011 Dress (nay) 11
What the bloody fuckin’ fuck are these ?!?!?! Some kind of joke ?! I’m seriously waiting to see who’s gonna wear one of these for a big laugh !



This last review wasn’t as hard to do as I thought it’d be, I think the difficulty was in judging and picking the pictures, and still they’re not all here because some won’t fit any category, and you can see them here.
Oh la la ! That closes the ‘foreign’ couture reviews for Fall 2011, surprisingly the best ones were unexpected, I think about Alexandre Vauthier or Azzedine Alaïa, but also the usual good ones like Jean Paul Gaultier or Giorgio Armani who never fail to impress me. I’ve been highly disappointed by the ‘’big’’ ones, we await so much from them, but I think they should focus on their work, I mean for Chanel, Christian Dior and Valentino, that just wasn’t it… And for the rest, the new ‘rising’ stars like Alexis Mabille or Anne Valérie Hash deserve a few more collections to impress me.
What did you think ? What were your favorites ? What didn’t you like ? What are you thinking about my reviews ?
Next up: Lebanese designer’s collections reviews, it’s gonna be fun showing you the best and the worst of our local artists so stay tuned !
See ya !
Photos source: Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment