Friday, August 12, 2011

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 Couture Collection

As I promised, in the reviews of lebanese designers collections, after Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad, I’m glad to present Georges Hobeika,  because it’s one of the best collections of the season (Yes, better than many many designers), as you’re going to see.

As a general matter of fact Georges Hobeika is one of the local designers I’m starting to like, as Zuhair Murad, his work really evolved throught the past years, and his last collections have been really well executed, really simplified and adjusted. Looking back at his first collections you’ll understand what I mean by ‘’simplified’’, it’s not the chaotic abuse of details and colours anymore…

Anyway, for this Fall 2011 collection the inspiration was Anthea, greek goddess of flowers and flowery wreaths, that’s to explain the details you’ll see crawling on the dresses. In addition to these amazingly well executed vegetal sculptures, pay attention to the way he used lashes of fabric to create some surprisingly beautiful texture.

Enjoy my favorites and check the rest on his site.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (14) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Fail) 2 Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (2) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (13)

(Gaga-ish !)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (3) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (4)

(Love this ! It’s absolutely stunning, isn’t it ?)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (5)

(The movement of this dress is mesmerizing especially when you realize that they are all lashes of fabric (look at the bottom), consider the hours of work ! It could be my favorite…)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (6)

(Flawless assymetry, wow !)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (7) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (8)

(So classy, so chic ! So stunning ! Perfection !)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (9) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (10) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (11) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (12)

(Beautiful, quite impressing the way he revisited a straight dress… Mixing two techniques.)

Next up these three dresse I can’t make my mind about:

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Undecised) Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Undecised) 2 Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Undecised) 3

I mean the ideas are very good but there’s something disturbing me, though I can’t say what. (Help ?).

And of course no collection is perfect here are two fails…

 Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Fail)

(Huge ‘’What Le Fuck’’ here…)

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 (Fail) 3

(I’m not too keen on all these lashes pending it somehow looks like a mop…)

And to finish: the wedding dress that is quite impreessive, the shape, the details.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2011 Wedding Dress  But I have to say I’d have preferred the flowers without the shape or the shape without the flowers…

I guess I’ve said it all, let me know what you think about all of this… And… See ya !

Georges Hobeika

Photos source: Fashionwindows.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment