Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 Couture Collection

Back to the couture shows ! With Maxime Simoens’ collection. To be honest I don’t really know him, but this collection shows just what his style’s like… Simple, clear, bits of originality, but basically outfits that won’t fail, he doesn’t take risks (which I can’t tolerate  in fashion or generally art) therefore he can’t do fashion faux-pas, and thus pleases everybody. (Another boring designer).

So I’ll only show you my favorites, as hideous pieces don’t exist, so I can’t comment them… (Boring, told ya !).

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (7)

Well I’ll have to say this one’s my favorite as it is probably the best piece in the collection because or it’s originality, sweet risks have been taken…

Then you have a series (yes I know, we’re all sick of these…) of dresses and suits that have these same ingenious geometrical details that optically sculpt the body, (as Mugler already did, along many others).

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011

(And this is probably the best one of this series)

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (4)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (2)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (5)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (11)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (12)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (14)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (13)

And then other creations…

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (3)Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (6) Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (8)

(I particularly love this one too)

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (9) Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (10)

(I love these pants)

Well, these are all my favorites folks ! But you can see more here.

See ya soon for another review !

Maxime Simoens Fall 2011 (15)

PS: I’ll be starting the series of lebanese designer’s collection soon, stay tuned !

Photos source: Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment